Cutting Edge Drapery strongly supports manufacturers focused on the conservation of our environment through a series of green initiatives that include recycling of scrap aluminum, steel, PVC, and corrugated packaging materials. Additionally, we offer a wide selection of 100% PVC free fabrics, 100% recyclable fabrics, and GreenGuard Children & Schools certified materials that demonstrate low emitting VOC’s, ensuring indoor air quality. The following details are provided by our most green-conscious manufacturers.

PVC-Free Roller Shade Fabrics

Cutting Edge Drapery offers an extensive line of PVC-Free solar shading fabrics. Eco-friendly SheerWeave Infinity is PVC-free and 100% recyclable. SheerWeave Infinity starts with the only core yarn, synthetic or natural, that is born out of post-industrial waste by-product. Emulating the look and engineering of standard SheerWeave fabrics, Infinity’s yarn coating is developed from the same compound family as its core yarn. Like other SheerWeave fabrics, Infinity provides the same solar heat and glare control properties that have elevated window treatments from mere decoration, to high performance tools for conserving energy, harnessing natural light, and maintaining interior comfort levels.

Phifer SheerWeave Fabrics – Certificate of Reclamation and Environmental Safety (PDF)
Phifer SheerWeave Fabrics – Infinity PVC-Free Brochure (PDF)
Phifer SheerWeave Infinity Fabric Take Back Form (PDF)

Cutting Edge Drapery also offers a 100% polyester fabric called Vela from Mermet. This sophisticated fabric is based on solid, unsheathed polyester yarns, and can be 100% recycled into additional fabrics, or can be reclaimed and used in the production of other purposes such as mattresses, car insulation, roofing felts and furniture padding.

Microban Roller Shade Fabrics

Many of the SheerWeave fabrics used in Cutting Edge Drapery’s Sun Control Roller Shades feature Microban certification. Microban antimicrobial protection works continuously for the lifetime of the shade to inhibit the growth of stain-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew. SheerWeave fabrics infused with Microban antimicrobial technology are ideal for any commercial or residential environment where microbes are a concern:

Home & Office
Schools & Institutions

Phifer SheerWeave Fabrics – Microban Brochure (PDF)

GreenGuard Roller Shade Fabrics

Many of the SheerWeave fabrics used in Cutting Edge Drapery’s Sun Control Roller Shades feature GreenGuard certification and GreenGuard Children & Schools certification. This certification specifically establishes strict chemical emissions standards to ensure indoor air quality.

Phifer SheerWeave Fabrics – GreenGuard Brochure (PDF)

Aluminum Blind Products

We represent manufacturers where approximately 80% of the aluminum blind slats used in the fabrication of 1” and 2” aluminum horizontal blinds as well as 80% of the aluminum blind louvers used in the fabrication of 3 ½” aluminum vertical blinds are created from RSI (recycled scrap ingot) and in-process scrap. The remaining 20% is manufactured from prime aluminum ingot.

Green Screens

Eco-Friendly Fabrics and Materials:

Mecho Shade EcoVeil (PDF)
Hunter Douglas Green Screen (PDF)
Hunter Douglas LEED Certification (DOC)

To learn more about our eco-friendly and green solutions for commercial and residential window blinds, shades, coverings, treatments and draperies; please contact us by calling 1-415-824-6000. You may also email us by clicking here.
Fast response and superior customer service is our goal. Most repairs are completed within 24 hours.

If a window needs to be covered, we have a solution. Energy efficient, eco-friendly, technologically advanced, etc.

No matter how aspirational the design, we can deliver a superior solution for your residential window covering needs.

We offer Eco-Friendly fabrics and materials.  Click here to learn about our Green Products.